Friday 25 March 2011

Nasty Girl



"That's right, I can't control it
I need seven inches or more
Tonight, I can no longer hold it
Get it up, get it up, I can't wait anymore..."

'Nasty Girl' is a song written by Prince for his protégé girl group Vanity 6. Prince gave the songwriting credit to lead singer Vanity, although he was the writer and composer. It was the second single taken from their debut album 'Vanity 6' and was released in 1982.

Vanity is now a Christian preacher and has denounced 'Nasty Girl', telling members of her congregation who've listened to it to 'keep praying to the Holy Spirit'.

[Wikipedia]

Inaya Day had a hit with the track in 2004. Her version, which I used to love listening to in the car with an ex who always drove too fast, also tips a hefty wink to 'Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough', and was produced by the redoubtable Mr. Mousse T.

No comments:

Post a Comment