Monday 21 February 2011

Wired for Sound


When I was DJing recently, a hatchet-faced hairdresser celebrating the arrival of her Decree Nisi asked me if I had any Cliff Richard. Scrolling doubtfully through my i-river, I was flabbergasted to discover 'Wired For Sound'. I told her I'd play it provided she could tell me what the time signature drops into in the chorus, because it has always flummoxed me.

She couldn't.

The video is a stone cold classic, but alas I am forbidden to embed it by EMI , presumably for reasons relating to the sartorial recklessness contained within. Watch it here if you dare.

2 comments:

  1. I think it's:
    four bars of 3/4, then a 2/4
    Again, 4 bars of 3/4, then a 2/4
    Then finally 6 bars of 4/4

    For some reason woke up with that tune in my head trying to figure it out myself. Great song - not written by Cliff, though, obviously!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dave - only just got this message. Thanks so much for sorting this out for me once and for all!

    Abs

    ReplyDelete